Monday, December 26, 2011

Creepy Airport Guy

Yesterday I flew home...Woo Hoo! And usually I don't check a bag, I just take it as a carry on but I wasn't thinking and I checked my duffelbag, so when I arrived in St. Louis I had to stand and wait forever for the bags to come out on the little whirly-doo baggage thingy. Soooo..I'm standing there, minding my own business, fielding phone calls from my Dad asking me if I"ve got my bag yet or not, when I hear this deep voice with a hot accent say, "Are you from around here?" In my mind I'm thinking, "Yeaaah buddy!" because I"m thinking this guy is totally hot to match his totally hot voice. So I turn around to answer him to find this creepy looking guy with hair longer than mine and capri pants on with his combat boots. Talk about a keeper, right?? No. Despite being taken off guard by his looks, I appeased him and did the nice thing and answered him and talked to him for a bit. I won't go into all the details of our titillating conversation but this little blip from it might give you an idea of what the rest of it was like.

Brooke: So you live in Salt Lake? That's cool, what brought you there?
Creepy Man: I moved with a friend and have hung around because of work.
B: Oh, what is it that you do?
CM: I'm a grave digger at one of the local cemeteries.
B: ...interesting.
CM: Yah I love it. I dig a lot of graves. Sometimes if I dig in the wrong spot by accident I hit old coffins. Don't worry though, I've never hit a dead body. At least not yet, but how cool would that be.
B: ...yah, way cool....
CM: You should come to work with me sometime and help me dig a few graves! I generally work at night when no one is around!
B: ...Um, as fun as digging graves sounds, I'm gonna have to pass. Oh! Look! There's my bag! See ya!


And then I ran away as fast as I could. In case you were wondering, I didn't actually see my bag. The baggage thingy wasn't even twirling, I just didn't want to talk to him anymore. I don't know about you but nothing about going to a graveyard to dig graves with a creepy man at night when no one is around sounds appealing to me. At all.

1 comment:

Anthony D said...

Haha, that's awesome! I'd have to speculate that he was trying to creep you out, because that conversation was pretty ridiculous.