Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thoughts of a college graduate

It's been awhile since i've blogged, and a lot has happened, and I care not to take the time to catch you up, because frankly if you read this blog you probably talk to me once or twice a week and already know the stories, and if you don't then you probably shouldn't be reading my blog. (unless your random family). On that note, i'd like to leave you with a few thoughts from the mind of Brooke...scary.

I often take life for granted. I live such a great life, and i get to have all these amazing opportunities that often these awesome things become the norm and I forget how lucky I am. For an almost 23 year old girl, I have done a lot of sweet stuff and had a lot of freaking awesome opportunities and met a lot of real cool people. I am one lucky girl. I graduated college 2 weeks ago about, and looking back on the last four years I feel like i did a pretty good job making the most of my college years. Sure I made some pretty good mistakes, but what is life without mistakes right? and because of those mess up's I feel like I've learned a lot and I feel more prepared to eventually enter into the "real" world. Speaking of the "real" world, while yes I am a college graduate and most college graduates get jobs upon graduating and began their working lives, I am not quite yet finished having fun and am not quite yet ready to give up my freedom to a 9 to 5 job, therefore I'm going to Japan for3 months. Be jealous, you should be. This is one of those rare, once-in-a-lifetime, seize the moment opportunities that I almost didn't take due to the fact I felt I had to conform and get a real job right away, boy am I glad I came to my senses. When else in my life will I be able to take 3 months to go visit Japan...never.

This has been a really long blog post of my ramblings, and so i'll leave you on this note. For the past 22 years of my life i've been telling myself that life really begins when i'm old enough to date, or when i leave for college or when i turn 21 or when i graduate college...and every one of those moments has come and gone and nothing has really changed. What i've come to see now is that there's no defining moment in ones life where they suddenly become a real person and start living a real life but that your life is your life and you gotta live it while you can, nothing can define that except you.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Hey, Brooke, it's one of your random family members! Congrats on graduating. Wow, that went by fast (for me). Are you still in Utah? If so, do you need a place to store all your things for 3 months? We've got space if you need it. I'm excited for you to go to Japan. You're going to have so much fun. There are lots of people waiting for you and your babysitting skills, too!
Your sis's mom-in-law Annette