Monday, February 9, 2009

If I had another chance....

My Masterpieces of World Literature class is, to put it simple, rather boring. I love the pieces of literature that my professor has chosen for us to read. But instead of letting us discuss our ideas adn theories about what we think the author is trying to convey or how it fits into the political and social aspects of society (of the given country) at the time, He just stands up there and talks....and talks and talks and talks. And it's not even interesting, he uses all these big words to make himself sound smart and so it's really hard to follow along. If we had tests in the class, i'd probably attempt to take notes and decipher it later but we don't, so while he talks, i think.

Today, my thoughts turned to my major. For those of you who don't know, it's Clinical Laboratory Science, which in turns just translates into working in a hospital lab testing blood and urine samples and such. Exciting i know. Now don't get me wrong, i think my major is really interesting. I love learning about how the human body works and how intricate a design it is. I love the fact that with this major I can go to grad school for Forensic Science. How cool is that? However, as interesting as I find all this, if i could go back and start college all over again I wouldn't choose this major. I would do a Math Education major. I've thought this over a lot and being a math teacher is something i would love to do. I love math, it's the one thing in school that always made sense to me. It's so straightforward and it's like a puzzle and i love puzzles. And I think i'd really love to teach. I don't know how great at it i'd be, but i think it'd be a fulfilling job. Maybe in my next life.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I never knew you would have chosen a math ed major instead. And I'm sorry your literature class is lame--if you want, I will totally talk themes and meanings with you ;) You know I love stuff!