Saturday, December 6, 2008

This is going to sound a bit odd, but you know how people often write you notes to tell you thanks for just being you? This may sound a little prideful and i don't mean it to come out that way, but this semester more than any, I've received numerous random notes or had a lot of comments on the good qualities and aspects of my character. Which i definitely appreciate. Who doesn't appreciate notes that tell them how great they are? It definitely makes me feel like I'm doing something right in my life, either that or people just felt like they needed to lie to make me feel good about myself. Who knows? But sometimes, i wish people would just be completely honest and tell me all of my faults. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to know what people DON"T like about you? I think it would, then I'd know the things about myself i really should chance or work on being better at. I know that sounds weird but i would LOVE to know the things people hate about me, or at least think are annoying. We know ourselves to a certain extent, but we've never truly experienced ourselves as other people. Sometimes i think if i were to meet me, I'm not sure i would really like me. But like i was saying before, we don't really know ourselves from an outside perspective, so it's hard to really criticize yourself and figure out what aspects you really should try and do better on. Random thoughts, i don't know where this came from.

4 comments:

cait. said...

Brooke, my dear, this post does sound a bit odd. What if there isn't anything that I don't like about you? Or... what if they're are so many things I don't like about you that I could never list them all? Then what?

Heather said...

Brooke, one thing I don't like about you is sharing a bathroom with you--so at Christmas you have to share with Ethan-okay? Random post, but I love reading your random thoughts. I am glad so many people are nice to you--mom and I aren't worried as much about you now!

jessica said...

I think you just opened pandora's box. Where should I start? When you're ready for a 5 hour lecture on all things you could change about yourself, call me. j/k Brooke, I'm so lucky to have a sister-in-law like you!

charlotte said...

I see where you're coming from. Sometimes it would be nice to hear what you need to work on.