Friday, September 27, 2013

Groupon Addicts Anonymous

Hi. My name is Brooke and I'm addicted to Groupon.

It started out really innocent, an oil change here or a paddle-boarding deal there.  Just when there was a really good deal going on. But then ALL the deals started looking like good deals and I was hooked. Suddenly 10 sessions of hot yoga for $30 seemed like something I just HAD to have! (I don't even like hot yoga). Or that  five course Moroccan meal for 2 for $25 was just something my taste buds couldn't live without. (Do I even know what Moroccan food is? Nope.)  I just couldn't help it. It didn't help that after your first purchase they save your credit card information in your account so that next time you buy something its all there and ready for you. 90% of the time when I go to buy something online, if I have to get up to get my wallet to put my credit card information in, I end up not buying it. Laziness can be your friend sometimes. But Groupon is ahead of the game! Those dirty rats know how our lazy minds work, so with just a click of a button and it was all yours, no hassle necessary!

That being said  if you have a birthday coming up say hello to a laser/microdermabrasion/tanning/waxing package to that spa 30 miles from your house behind an old rundown Napa Auto Parts store or a memory foam pet bed for that dog you don't have. Just keep in mind whatever you get I got it for a really good deal and plus its the thought that counts.

Whew! Well guys it feels good to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening. If I start only dressing in green and white or I show up one day with the Groupon logo tattooed on my neck, you should probably start to be a little alarmed. If it gets to that maybe we can meet up and talk it over while we get a pedicure, because I'm pretty sure I have a Groupon for that  stashed somewhere.

No comments: