Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My apologies...

Well, I'm back. After a nice 6 month hiatus from this thingy, I've finally decided to grace you all with my random thoughts and funny stories again. Lucky you. Better late than never...right?!?

Oh man, where to begin...

If I filled you in on the past 6 months of my life you'd be reading for days and probably die of boredom, so we'll just pick up on this week and go from there.

Today, I got up early and went for a run. It was cold and a little dark and my warm bed was really enticing but I needed a good run to clear my mind. So I bundled up, laced up my shoes, and turned some old school rap onto my ipod and set out. There's nothing more therapeutic than a good run. While stopped at a random stoplight an old man mentioned how happy I looked, I asked him what gave me away and he said it was the fact i was singing along to my music. I didn't even realize i was singing out loud, I thought I was just jamming in my head. He then offered to buy me hot chocolate because I looked cold, i politely declined. Maybe if he was 50 years younger I might've taken him up on his offer. I like meeting random strangers, they are always fun to talk to. I'm not really sure what the point of that story was, but i felt like telling it and you just spent a minute of your life reading it so it must've been slightly entertaining.

Oh, what else is going on in my life lately??

I've decided to go to grad school. I have some classes i still need to take in order to be eligible so this next semester it's back to school for me. Luckily they are all online so I can do them on my own time. It's exciting to me though to finally know what I want to do with my life and have something to be working towards. We'll see how i feel in a few months though, i always seem to change my mind.

I dyed my hair today. dark. I'm not sure if i like it yet.

The next few months of my life are going to be awesome. I have A LOT to look forward to. Which translates into A LOT to blog about! yay!

Hmmmm...what else is there to say. Last week I developed a new love for skiing. If i could i would just be a bum and ski and snowboard all the days. Life would be grand.

I have a new favorite website. I could look at it all day long and never get bored. It's called punchfork.com. If you like food as much as me, you'll love this website as much as i do.

I want to run another marathon this summer. Which by the way, i need a running buddy, so if anyone wants to run with me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know because i'm tired of running alone.

And....i think that's all i got for right now.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for sharing that website! My new favorite too! Are you still in Utah? Cause I would love to be your running partner. But I would probably die because I don't run.

Captain Danger said...

Excellent! I've missed your blog, Brooke! Also, I think you should read the story I wrote on my blog (On Earthquakes). I think you'd get a kick out of it.

Caitlin said...

Glad you're back!