Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fun in the Sun!

This weekend was a pretty great weekend. Let me tell you about it.

Thursday after work I went frisbee golfing (or frolfing as people in Utah like to call it) with a friend. I love frisbee golf, i suck at throwing frisbees, but I still love it. After an exciting frolf game, I came home and went hiking with my roommates. We just went up a random trail behind the U but it was still gorgeous and I rather enjoyed it. I love being able to look down on the entire Salt Lake valley.

My dear friend Gavin is a middle school science teacher and got to take his MESA science club to Lagoon on Friday for Physics Day...and guess who got to go with him as a chaperone?? ME!! Free entry to Lagoon and getting to watch kids drop eggs and a tap dancing competition...yes please. It was a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of theme parks.

Right after we got back from Lagoon we hurried and packed up Gavin's car and drove to Provo to meet up with some friends so we could start heading down to Escalante to do some CANYONEERING! It's been a few months since I've gotten to go due to work on the weekends, and so I was pretty stoked to be able to go. It wasn't the most fun canyon i'd ever done but it had some good potholes, and it was all around still really fun. I don't have pictures to post unfortunately at this time. My camera is not waterproof so I didn't take it along.

We arrived home in Salt Lake around 3AM and after showering I was able to get a whopping 2 hours of sleep before having to get up for work this morning. Needless to say, I took a long nap this afternoon.

That is all.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I think you saw the clogging nationals competition! Sarah was performing there this weekend! Just think, you could have been so close to my mom and sister and not even know it :)