Thursday, July 8, 2010

You don't make friends with salad!!...or do you??

I have just recently discovered the joys of buying spinach in a bag and all the wonderful things you can do with it. I originally picked it up off the shelf in the grocery store because I was craving salad that day and i thought one package of lettuce would last me maybe 3 salads. I chose spinach because the darker the lettuce the more healthy is it for you, plus spinach has oodles of awesome vitamins and minerals in it and so i figured I'd choke it down for my health. Boy was I surprised when i found out that i actually LIKE spinach and that my package of spinach has lasted me through like 2 weeks worth of salads and wraps!

Since that glorious day in the supermarket where I chose spinach over ramen or pizza or whatever else i usually buy, it's been all uphill from there. I have made so many delicious salad and wrap concoctions, i should open my own restaurant, everyone would be blown away. Today i took a picture of my salad, it's half eaten because I didn't think to take a picture of this work of art until I was half way through.
What does spinach, grilled chicken, grapes, craisins, crushed walnuts,honey mustard dressing, and a toasted tortille make??---PURE DELICIOUSNESS!!
If you have any great ideas for things to put in my latest salad or wrap creation...let me know.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I also love spinach--so we will eat a lot while you are here. One of my favorite things to do with it is make a breakfast sandwich. I take one egg and then some egg whites and cook them with spinach and then put it on an english muffin with a cheese slice--pretty healthy and SOOOOO good!!