Friday, March 5, 2010

Lost

Today, after class and eating lunch, I decided I had better go on a short run since I hadnt' worked out yesterday. I'm sore from XC skiing and snowboarding earlier this week so I decided that I'd just do a short 4 or 5 miles or so. Keep it around a nice 45 minute run.

So i started off, and I decided to venture into new territory because I was sick of running the same routes over and over again. I hit my 25 minute mark and figured I'd better turn around and start heading back the way I came from, only to realize that after taking a few turns, I had no idea where I was.

Yes, I got lost on my run today. And my short 4 or 5 miles turned into a nice long 9 mile run. It was cloudy and I couldn't see the mountains to lead me back the way I came and the neighborhood I was in had a funky numbering system in which the grid system was not working. Needless to say, at least I got a good workout out of it.

No comments: