Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ode to my brothers

I'm a lucky girl. I've been blessed to have three older brothers, there are some people in the world who have none! I feel sorry for those people, because brothers are quite possibly some of the best friends you could ever have. My brothers may not always realize it but they are usually the first ones I call when I've had a bad day because I know after 30 seconds of talking to them they'll have me laughing and instantly make me feel better. Brothers are not only there for comic relief but they make great protectors. I always feel comfort in knowing that if a boy ever dumps me or hurts me, he'll be sure to feel the wrath of my brothers and that is not something you want to feel. They have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves. So many times i'll go on a date with some guy and he'll be nice enough, but then I start to think what would happen if my brothers were ever to meet him and I realize that he probably wouldn't ever stand a chance against them. And when i realize that, I realize that this kid probably isn't worth my time because I don't want to be dating some pansy. I also love that I can talk to my brothers about practically anything. Boys have a unique perspective on things and it's great to get advice from brothers because not only do they have that unique perspective but they know you really well. So Brandon, Lance, and Aaron...thanks for being the best brothers I could ask for! Heather, your not too bad either.



2 comments:

emily said...

I've always wondered what it would be like to have an older brother, and not I know what I'm missing! :(

Namlot said...

What is with all this touchy feely crap????

Just kidding, thanks Brooke that made my day.