Saturday, June 21, 2008

On top of the World!

One of the greatest inventions of all time: Bunk beds! My parents are visiting this week, so i get to shack up in Ethans room and he has bunk beds. Needless to say, i get the top bunk. I was really excited at the prospect of sleeping in his room at first, until i tried to actually get up into the top bunk. Heather and Eric have yet to assemble the ladder because they are missing a part to it, but i think i'd rather take my chances with the ladder missing it's part because trying to hop up on that bed, and get down, is quite an ordeal. I'm just not as nimble and flexible as i once was when i was a child and could monkey up anything. Besides having it take 10 minutes for me to climb up into, last night i woke up to find myself teetering on the edge one too many times during the night. On a normal bed, i tend to favor the edge, i don't know why but i do. That has it's drawbacks when your in a bunk bed, for example i can only imagine falling a good 5 and a half feet would not be a pleasant trip at 3 a.m. Although it's been an adjustment and i'm just now getting ready for my second night in the bed, i've been converted once again to the joy of bunk beds. It just took me a day or so to get back into my child like state of mind. You feel like your on top of the world. And i don't know why but it's so much more fun to read a book on top of a bunk-bed instead of in a regular bed or on a couch. I have now made the command decision that my future children will definitely have bunk beds and probably more than once they'll walk into their room to find me sitting on the top bunk reading a book, because it's just so dang fun. So the message i leave you with today is, buy your kids bunk beds and create a better world for all!!

No comments: