Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Aaron

On this day, many many years ago (so many that I can't remember exactly how many) my mom gave birth to a pretty great little boy. Little did my parents know that just 4 years and 2 weeks later they would finally perfect the art of child making and give birth to me, but that's a story for another time, for now lets talk about Aaron. After all, it IS his birthday.
No birthday post is complete without an embarrassing picture :)
I'm not going to lie, Aaron and I didn't get along the best growing up.  Lance would beat up on Aaron and Aaron would get mad and take it out on me, so needless to say I didn't always love him so much. But then we moved to St. Louis when we were teenagers and neither one of us had any friends and we were forced to hang out with each other, and he's been my favorite brother ever since. (I'm only saying that because it's his birthday today.) But really there's tons of reasons I love Aaron and am glad he was born--

One of those being, while Aaron did spend a good portion of his first 18 years of life teasing and beating up on me, he also taught me how to fend for myself. He probably doesn't remember this but he once taught me how to beat someone up. There's apparently a fail-proof formula for it and it must be legit because I still remember what he taught me. "Kick 'em in the knee-cap, Punch 'em in stomach, punch 'em in the kidney, then elbow 'em in the back. When they are all bent over in pain, bob the head and then give them an uppercut!" As I'm typing this I'm realizing how violent it sounds but you should all know Aaron is a lover not a hater. Needless to say, in all the times I almost got into a fight with someone (which is never) I always knew I'd end up on the winning side thanks to Aaron's great brotherly advice.

On a more serious note, Aaron really does give the best advice. Out of everyone in my family, he is usually the first one I go to for advice when it comes to dating. He has endured countless stories, ripe with mind-numbing details about men he's never met and dates he really doesn't care about. BUT, he cares about me so he listens and offers his advice every time and it's usually really great advice.  Aaron is funny. (This is the only day of the year that I'll admit this so soak it up buddy) Really, he is. His jokes may be dumb sometimes but they never fail to produce a smile. He's always a good person to call when you need a pick-me-up. One of the very best things about Aaron is that he is a fantastic Dad. Aaron has always been good with kids, but it's been amazing to see him in the past few years interact with his own daughters and see just how much love and attention he gives them. It's adorable.  He really is just a big softy.

Anywho, Love you Aaron and Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: