Saturday, March 31, 2012

Best Sister Ever

So today is my dear sisters birthday. And for that reason (and because she won't be getting her birthday present until June) I figured the least I could do is dedicate a blog post to her and write down all the things I love about her. While I wasn't always so fond of her when I was younger truth be told, I really love her now and not a day goes by now that I don't think how lucky I am to have such an amazing older sister.

I love shopping with her. No matter what I can always count on her to be brutally honest about whether something looks good or not. And I don't know how she does it but she can spot a deal from a mile away. Best bargain shopper I know. I save tons of money when I go with her and we always have so much fun doing it.

I love her kids. She's a fantastic mom and I've learned a ton from her about the art of motherhood and running a family. I only hope one day I'll be half the mom and wife she is.

I love her advice. No matter what I know I can call and she'll give me the best advice for my situation. She doesn't sugar coat it to make me feel better, she just says it how it is and tells me exactly what I need to hear. And despite my reactions at times, I always love it. Why do you think she's the first one I always call for advice.

So I'm not great with words and what I"ve written above doesn't even come close to adequately describing how amazing I think my sister is or even touch upon the billions of things i adore about her, but she's my best friend and I love her to pieces and I desperately look forward to when we live in the same country again someday :) Happy Birthday Heather

1 comment:

Heather said...

BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!! I feel the same way about you and am so glad to have you as a sister. Why do you think I am still popping out kids, because I would feel so bad if Kailey never had a sister because I have LOVED having you as a sister and I also can't wait until we live closer. We will have to do some MAJOR shopping while we are back in America!!! Thank you!!