Wednesday, November 24, 2010

America...I'm Back!!

So i'm home, in St. Louis that is, now. It has been quite the trip home.

On my flight from Japan to Dallas I sat next to a bald guy in his mid 30's. We started watching the movie "Grown-ups" at the same time. I was glad we did, because that made 2 of us who were dying laughing on the airplane and not just me. It's a funny movie, and we both got some weird looks from people because we were laughing pretty hard. A great start to a long flight. After that, dinner was served. One of the things we got with our meal was some sushi. My nice bald neighbor, in the process of trying to open his soy sauce packet, squirted it everywhere. And my everywhere, i mean all over me, and my stuff. There i was, sitting minding my own business, and next thing i know, my face is covered in soy sauce, my tv is covered in soy sauce, my dinner is covered in soy sauce, and my window is covered in soy sauce. I slowly turned to look at him, and he had this suprised/anxious look on his face and started apologizing like crazy, and i once again just died laughing. It was great.

On my flight from Dallas to St. Louis I sat next to a guy in his mid 60's and we chatted the whole flight home. He's traveled everywhere and had so many good stories and such great advice to give. We talked about everything from dating to jobs to kids to favorite desserts. you name it, we talked about it.

Since I've been home this jet lag thing has been quite the experience. I was expecting to just be exhausted all day for like a week straight, but instead i'm awake all the time. I can't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. I didn't sleep at all on the airplane, and then when I got home Monday night, i went to bed around 11pm and woke up around 1am and was awake pretty much until 6am when i decided to really get up and go running. Tuesday I was awake all day, and started to feel tired around 8 so around 8:30pm I went to bed, only to be awoken at 11pm. From 11 until 4am I was awake, and i finally fell back to sleep from 4am-6am when i got up and worked out and whatever. I should be dead tired, instead i have all this energy and i'm just hungry all the time. Jet lag, you suck. I think being overly tired and gettin to sleep all the time would be better than being awake 20 hours a day.

2 comments:

Laura said...

First, I laughed out loud at the soy sauce part and had to read it to my brother-in-law because he was calling me something with "chuckles" in it.

Second, jet lag is the worst. For real. If you ever feel like just crashing because you're exhausted, DO IT. Your body will thank you. Trust me.

Bryce & Cherise said...

Welcome back girl!!! Poor soy sauce man! and poor you! lol
Bryce and I LOVED Grown Ups!!! That's hilarious that you got funny looks.Awesome