Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I don't live near my Mom, so I don't get a chance to tell her how much i appreciate her as much as she deserves it. I've been really blessed these past couple years to have my Mom not just be a mother to me but she's turned into one of my best friends. My family teases me about how often i call my Mom. Every year that i've been away from home, i've started calling more and more as time goes on. She's good to listen to me when I need to vent about class or work and she's great at cheering me up. She's exceptionally good at keeping me updated with the news, whether it be a news story about a random person or just updating me on the scores of whatever sport is being played at the moment. I always look forward to our phone chats! She is my Mom, therefore she does still have to nag me about certain things, and while i don't always agree with her, I know she only does it because she loves me. So, on this day after Mothers Day...i just want to tell my Mom how much I love and appreciate her and thank her for being the best Mom ever.

p.s.-Happy Mothers day to Jess and Heather as well. You two are superb Mom's, your kids are lucky to have you!

No comments: